J.P. Licks “Scoop Shop” Celebrates 25th Anniversary -
June 01, 2006 (PRLEAP.COM) Business NewsFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Steven V. Dubin, PR Works, (781) 582-1061, firstname.lastname@example.org
DATELINE: BOSTON; BROOKLINE; JAMAICA PLAIN; NEWTON CENTRE; SOMEVILLE AND WEST ROXBURY, MA… J.P. Licks, the homemade ice cream and fresh roasted coffee café with seven shops in and around Boston, Mass., is celebrating their 25th anniversary!
Locally owned and operated by founder Vince Petryk since 1981, J.P. Licks has received many accolades over the years for their intensely-flavored homemade ice cream and frozen yogurt from Boston Globe Sunday Magazine, Improper Bostonian, Boston Magazine and most recently Boston Phoenix Reader’s Poll “Best Ice Cream 2006”.
With a penchant for supporting local artists and their works; a highly diverse work force of 160; strong community ties and the mission to create an environment where people savor the flavor, comfort and joy of homemade ice cream, frozen yogurt and truly good coffee, Petryk hit on a winning business model, and 25 years later is still going strong.
J.P. Licks makes all of their ice cream and frozen yogurt from their own scratch recipes at their Jamaica Plain store and headquarters. They offer 40 flavors of ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet and lactose-free ice cream daily with specialty flavors rotated in. In catering to customers observing strict dietary regulations for religious reasons, J.P. Licks became the only scoop shop provider of Kosher certified homemade ice cream and frozen yogurt in the Boston area, meeting all the high quality standards required pertaining to ingredients, production and store cleanliness.
In recognition of their “silver” anniversary, J.P. Licks invites everyone to celebrate with them throughout the month of June:
• Free Coffee and Beans – On June 6th at all J.P. Licks locations, enjoy complimentary fresh roasted coffee from 11 a.m. to Noon and 3 to 4 p.m. Take advantage of a free quarter pound of coffee beans, offered from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. with any purchase (while supplies last).
• Coffee Roasting and Tasting - On June 10th from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., at the flagship Jamaica Plain store, see J.P. Licks’ master coffee roaster roast coffee beans and then enjoy a coffee tasting.
• “Let Them Eat Ice Cream Cake” Birthday Celebration – Join J.P. Licks on June 14th in Jamaica Plain as they celebrate 25 years with a free slice of ice cream cake from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Ice Cream Tasting - See how ice cream is made and join J.P. Licks for an ice cream tasting on Saturday, June 24th from 10 a.m. to Noon at the Jamaica Plain store.
• Opening Day Prices - On Sunday, June 25th, J.P. Licks will rollback prices to their opening day in 1981. Small ice cream cup or cone will be $1 all day at their first location in Jamaica Plain.
• “Dream Flavor” Contest - From June 1st to 30th, J.P. Licks encourages folks to get creative and come up with their own unique ice cream flavor and enter it into their “Dream Flavor” contest. The winning flavor creation will become a J.P. Licks’ specialty flavor offered at all of their shops. Submit that delectable ice cream recipe into the “Dream Flavor” entry box at any one of J.P. Licks’ locations. Winners will be notified by July 24th.
• Sweet Memories - Have a special memory about J.P. Licks? Whether it was your six-month old baby’s first taste of ice cream; your celebration of that new job promotion with a giant sundae or the place where your fiancé popped the question, enter J.P. Lick’s “Sweet Memories” contest. Visit www.jplicks.com and share your happy memories for potential inclusion on the website.
“We have a commitment to our customers that can be tasted in our superior products. The strong flavors in all of our ice cream and frozen yogurts come from our use of the freshest ingredients. We even make our own chocolate on-site in a fifty gallon steam kettle. But it doesn’t end there. With seven stores, we are still a small enough operation to be able to listen to what our customers want and actually give it to them,” said Petryk.
He continued, “It has been a terrific 25 years, and we’re looking forward to many, many more.”
Award Winning Recipes
Creating a niche in the ice cream café world, J.P. Licks is Kosher certified – meeting all the high quality standards pertaining to ingredients, production and store cleanliness. In addition to their frozen creations, J.P. Licks offers high quality, full bodied, freshly brewed coffee from beans roasted on-site at their “mother ship” Jamaica Plain store. J.P. Licks’ locations include Coolidge Corner, Davis Square, Mission Hill, Newbury Street, Newton Centre, West Roxbury and Jamaica Plain. The Jamaica Plain store is open at 6 a.m. every day. For more information, visit their website at www.jplicks.com.
(Editor’s Note: To arrange a Coffee Bean Roasting tour, an interview with founder Vince Petryk or for high res jpegs, contact Steven Dubin, PR Works, (781) 582-1061 or email@example.com.)