CrickeM, the first Social Video Network for Cricket A platform for Cricket Maniacs
December 20, 2006 (PRLEAP.COM) Sports NewsCrickeM, World's first Social Video Network for Cricket has been launched.
Mr. Sashi Chimala, co-founder, CrickeM during the launch function said, “The You Tube of India in the making, CrickeM will be a platform for the Maniacs of Cricket. CrickeM gives a new channel to express and find public opinion on Cricket. It complements the current available channels like News Papers and TV. It is a participative channel where anyone with a PC or a Mobile can now express and share their opinions with the rest of the world. Have an advice to India's captain. Say it on CrickeM TV. People have always had something to say. Now there is a way to say it through www.crickem.com ”.
“We have already had a warm and overwhelming response of over 3000 requests for the registration invites. We look forward to atleast ONE million videos being uploaded before the first ball is bowled at the World cup. Reliance is our official broadband sponsor for the launch, he added”.
The registration is free for all. On registration, an invite is sent from the site and the network grows by a personal invitation from existing members.
After joining CrickeM one will be able to:
• Connect with other Cricket fans and Cricketers from around the world
• Keep in touch with your friends online
• Find someone you know who is a member of a Cricket or fan club
• Find old friends
• Buy and sell Cricket stuff or get advice and recommendations
• If you are a budding Cricketer, make yourself found by other coaches and Cricketers and Promote yourself
With three different distinct sections like the Clubs, Videos, Blogs, the site has everything that one would look for in a network site. People can share important experiences in cricket as and where they happen—breaking news can be uploaded immediately from the net or from a mobile, cricket fans can share footage, gully cricket, quirky videos, serious content can be captured and viewed across the globe instantly. The site will soon be accessible through mobile phones.
CrickeM is a way to meet Cricket lovers, reconnect with old friends, share your experiences, upload video, discuss & debate, rate and predict. A community network that is intended to motivate people to watch, share opinions, special moments and videos on Cricket, CrickeM is a place for people to engage in new ways with video by sharing, commenting on, and viewing videos
Uploading and sharing video is easy, and requires the following:
• A mobile device that can take video and send Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messages, a technology that allows people to create, send and receive text messages that also include an image, audio and/or video clip;
• Internet access or a data plan from a service provider.
• And a member account on CrickeM.
• Once the profile is set up, members who have a cell phone equipped with a video camera OR a video camera can simply send that content via email to CrickeM, where it is immediately published into their profile and shared with family and friends.
• Videos can be searched by entering common search terms, or can browse through videos based on channels of interest, popularity, user rankings; most recently viewed videos and featured videos selected by community recommendations.
• Users also can register for a CrickeM account and create a personal network of videos. Once completing a simple registration process, one can save their favorite videos from CrickeM, create play lists of videos and connect with other users and friends and family to watch personal videos.
• Registered users simply upload a video from their computers, and CrickeM handles the conversions behind the scenes. Videos are turned into a Flash video, making them viewable through any major Web browser, including Internet Explorer, Firefox.
The launch was anchor lead and had live uploads of videos of people in the mall expressing their views on cricket. Special contests and give aways for the first 100 registrations were an attraction.