Cline Scuba Diving Research Report Show Businesses Up 9.6%
February 11, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Sports NewsFebraury 11,2007 / Dallas, Texas – William Cline is pleased to release the results of the 2006 year-end study of all sectors of the dive industry, with primary focus on the USA market. The survey, conducted each quarter for over two years running, reports on dive retailers, independent scuba instructors, dive resorts, and scuba-related dive equipment manufacturers. The unbiased, independent dive study queries business growth in 2006, plus creates a confidence scale for each successive quarter.
According to Cline Group, Inc. President, William Cline, “In general, confidence is high for 2007. Many businesses posted a gain in 2006, with retailers and instructors residing in the Mountain Time Zone of the USA posting the largest gains. Dive travel, overall, posted a modest gain by retailers and the resorts themselves. Much of this optimism is the steady economy and minimal Caribbean Hurricane presence in 2006.”
Furthermore, the study indicated the most optimism for 2007 was reported by businesses in Europe (100%), Canada (77%), Caribbean/Latin Countries (66%), and the USA (60%).
Additional highlights of the study reported:
• All dive businesses saw, on average, a 9.4% increase in their gross revenues for all of 2006 versus 2005.
• Retailers specifically saw a 9.6% increase in gross revenues for this same period.
• New certifications were up 7.0% specifically for Retailers and Independent Instructors combined (actual was 5.9% increase for retailers, and 8.0% increase for independent instructors).
• Dive Travel Sales were up 2.3% specifically for Retailers.
• Dive Equipment sales were up 9.8% specifically for Retailers.
• 92% of the retailer respondents were from the USA.
• 72% of the retailer respondents were the facility owner or manager.
William Cline comments “This study is important to the dive industry, as this is the only study that looks at all aspects of the business, not just retailing. Over 8,000 companies and business owners are queried each quarter, with an average of 250 or more responding on a regular basis. This large, ‘helicopter-view’ of the industry is important, as there is no other similar data is available and freely distributed like this Quarterly Cline Diving Study.”
The study is free of charge, simply visit www.williamcline.com and subscribe to the survey newsletter, or send an email request to William Cline at email@example.com.
William Cline is president of Cline Group, a specialized dive-marketing firm that works with governments and companies all over the world. Cline Group is agency of record for The Bahamas Diving Association, and Bahamas Ministry of Tourism’s Dive Marketing Account, plus many other high-profile dive-related businesses.
# # #