Steady Growth Sets World Dialysis Market on Course for $73 Billion by 2011!
February 18, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Health NewsNew York, February 18, 2007 — As the worldwide population ages, the incidence of end stage renal disease (ESRD) will continue to escalate, facilitating the need for increased dialysis services and products, a global market worth nearly $54 billion in 2006. According to The Worldwide Market for Dialysis Equipment, Supplies, and Services, a new study from medical market research firm Kalorama Information, the incidence of ESRD should increase from 1.9 million cases to 2.7 million cases by 2011, driving the dialysis market to well beyond $73 billion.
While the market currently services only 79% or 1.5 million of those suffering from renal issues, market growth from 2005 to 2011 is expected to be a healthy 6.2% as not only the incidence of renal disease escalates but the availability of treatments becomes more widespread. Experts predict that industry growth will mainly be led by volume growth in Asia, Latin America, and Africa where the market is largely untapped and the infrastructure for dialysis treatments is continually improving.
Composed of two segments, the global dialysis market is dominated by dialysis services which provide 82% of the industry revenues. The dialysis products and supplies segment, including hemodialysis and peritoneal products and currently valued at $9.8 billion, makes up the remaining 18% of the market.
“Growth in this market doesn’t appear to be hinging on technological innovations but more on the increased number of patients, the advent of total quality management in dialysis services, and better coordination of services in the value chain,” notes Joseph Constance, the report’s author. “There is major consolidation taking place within the market which should help to streamline services and effectively target care to ESRD patients as a group.”
A comprehensive re-evaluation of the market, this Second Edition of The Worldwide Market for Dialysis Equipment, Supplies, and Services includes detailed market forecasts through 2011, in-depth company profiles, 170 figures and tables chronicling the market, regional market analyses, and detailed patient demographics. It can be purchased directly from Kalorama Information by visiting http://www.kaloramainformation.com/Worldwide-Dialysis-Equipment-1190876. It is also available at MarketResearch.com.
About Kalorama Information
Kalorama Information, a division of MarketResearch.com, supplies the latest in independent market research for medical markets. For more information, contact Tom Ehart at 240-747-3014 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.KaloramaInformation.com.