London-Milan 2007: The Dual City Summer Sessions in Design
March 01, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Education News
Students, new designers and professionals from around the world are once again invited to enrol onto the London Milan Summer Sessions for four weeks of design tuition and experimentation in world-renowned institutions. Now in its second year this unique collaboration between Central Saint Martins in London, Domus Academy and NABA in Milan enables students to study in two of Europe most inspiring cities taking complementary courses in the field of Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design or Product Design. Last year nearly 150 students from 37 different countries joined the sessions. In the words of one of last year’s students “I really enjoyed the course and had a great deal to learn from all the tutors. It was a very nice approach to designing and I enjoyed every bit of it.” (Advanced Product Design student, 2006)
Studio courses are hands-on practical courses suitable for beginners and portfolio builders – perfect for students planning on applying for further study. Each subject area includes courses in London and Milan, students must enrol for both sessions.
Courses: Fashion Design Studio l Fashion Styling Studio l Graphic Design Studio l Interior Design Studio l Product Design studio
Our Advanced courses complement each other often looking at the same branch of design from completely different angles. Suitable for students who have completed at least two years of a degree in a related subject or professionals working in the field who need a boost. Students may enrol for the corresponding sessions in London and Milan or choose just one course.
London 2 - 12 July Milan 17 – 27 July
· A Cultural Tour of the Best in Design in London · A Cultural Tour of the Best in Design in Milan
· Professional Approaches to Pattern Making · Investigating Innovative Fashion Materials and Textiles
· Fashion Trends and Forecasting · Fashion Trends and Forecasting
· Graphics for Books and Publishing · Graphics for Packaging Design
· Interior Design for Retail · Interior Design for the ‘Low-Cost’ Hotel
· Interior Design for the Domestic Space · Interior Design for the Office Space: Dialogue with Art
· London as a Narrative Urban Environment · Visionary Urban Landscapes
· Design for Electronic Tools · Design for Tangible Electronic Tools
· Furniture Design · Lighting Design: Hybrid and Half Breed
Central Saint Martins
From the iconic designs of London's red Routemaster buses and the chopper bike to exquisite fashion at Dior and Chloé in Central Saint Martins' alumni have made a profound impact on our lives. Our staff and students continue to build on the success of our past by pushing the boundaries of the practice of art and design and art and design education. In 2006 Central Saint Martins welcomed over 4000 students on to more than 300 art, design and performance summer courses.
For more than 20 years, Domus Academy in Milan has shared an eminent place on the world stage as an international postgraduate school. Winner of the Compasso d’Oro, Italy’s most sought after design award, Domus Academy has always been a true pioneer of “Made in Italy” not simply teaching how to design products, but considering design as a complex, challenging activity. Today, Domus Academy welcomes hundreds of students from over 50 countries to its state of the art, teaching and multimedia facilities.
The Milan sections of the beginner courses are run by NABA (Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti). NABA is an academy of arts and design which was formed in 1980 by a group of artists, aimed at challenging the rigid academic tradition. NABA training programs are based on a cross-disciplinary method aimed at developing artistic-professional skills and profiles in the fields of art, design, fashion, media and graphic design.
More information and bookings
· Online booking and further details available at
· For course breakdowns and bookings please contact London@london-milan-courses.com or Milan@london-milan-courses or call the Short Course office at Central Saint Martins on (+ 44) 20 7514 7015 Monday to Friday 9.30 – 17.30.
London Milan 2007
The Dual City Sessions in Design
London: Monday 2 July to Thursday 12 July 2007
Milan: Tuesday 17 July to Friday 27 July 2007