AASA National Conference on Education
March 02, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Education NewsNEW ORLEANS-Altair Learning Management is introducing the IQity Learning Suite for grades 9-12 — a better way of thinking about online education and the traditional classroom. It makes its national debut at the American Association of School Administrators (AASA) National Conference on Education in New Orleans March 1-4, 2007.
Designed to unleash imagination as well as technology, IQity redefines the parameters for online learning. Truly a classroom without walls, it offers students and teachers all the tools they need to unleash the full power of their creativity.
"We are convinced the IQity Learning Suite offers the most comprehensive and flexible online education system with the more innovative features than any e-learning product on the market," said William L. Lager, president of Altair Learning Management, the developer of the online learning management system. "Flexibility is the key in using IQity because schools may tailor it to meet students' needs — whether they are full-time e-school students or they are working in a blended learning environment.
"We can demonstrate that IQity is the best e-learning system on the market today, at a price that compares favorably to any other system," Lager said.
Lager and Altair pioneered e-learning in Ohio. The educators and engineers who developed IQity have years of experience in successfully educating thousands of Ohio children and are now sharing that experience with online schools throughout the United States. Altair developed IQity with and for K-12 students - it is not adapted or re-tooled from higher education products like those of many competitors.
"We invite a side-by-side comparison of e-learning innovation, quality and costs for our school districts struggling to improve education on tight budgets," Lager said.
IQity delivers interactive, one-to-one instruction in an online Learning Suite of "rooms," which are organized in a familiar school framework with virtual replicas of the Homeroom, Classroom, Grade Book, Teachers' Lounge, Curriculum Listings, Assessment Tools and Enrollment Reports. Schools may request IQity engineers to tailor this comprehensive system right down to the school colors and mascot.
Unique and comprehensive, IQity offers many more exclusive features than any other on the market today, including:
* The IQity Liveboard, where students interact in real time with a teacher video-casting lessons on a "live" animated white board;
* The best online curriculum content in America offered via nationally-acclaimed Class.com and offered in Ohio only through IQity. It is available in other states as well, and IQity can tie in with other curricula; courses include everything from mathematics and science (such as biology, physics, and chemistry) to foreign languages, English and history-all with eye-appealing graphics and video.
* The Graduation Practice Test and Study Guide - tailored to standards and benchmarks of the Ohio Graduation Test (OGT) and high-stakes tests in other states.
* Exclusive monitoring features such as the Access Log that tracks every student click and the Message Center with its email monitoring and authorized messaging.
* IQity does not require expensive hardware or software upgrades.
"If schools have access to the Internet, you have access to IQity. We supply the servers and schools supply the students and computers," Lager said.
Effective for students and cost-effective for school districts, IQity assists school districts in facing the pressures of financial difficulties, accountability, declining enrollment or expanding enrollment, and shifting demands on teachers and students. Pricing is flexible and based on a menu of features and services that schools may choose à la carte. IQity will mold costs to the financial and educational needs of the school district.
For more information, contact IQity at (877) 474-8966 or online at www.IQ-ity.com
About Altair Learning Management
Based in Columbus, Ohio, privately-held Altair Learning Management provides educational services to students, teachers and school districts in Ohio and throughout the United States. It operates the Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow, an online charter school with 7600 students throughout Ohio and markets the innovative IQity learning management system to schools throughout the United States.