Teachers’ video training series extended
March 28, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Education NewsStudent Assessment is the subject of the latest training programme to be added to the Teaching Best Practice series from Echelon Learning. The programme discusses issues concerning the implementation of initial, formative and summative assessment.
Developed in association with Westminster Kingsway College, London, the Edexcel-endorsed series provides interactive, intranet-based teaching and learning resources for both new lecturers to build classroom skills and for existing teachers as part of their continuous professional development (CPD).
Latest users include Thames Valley University, College of North West London and West Sussex County Council.
Using video footage of classroom scenarios, the programmes cover topics such as student punctuality; classroom management; adapting tasks to different level skills; integrating key skills into the curriculum; information learning technology (ILT); and ‘The Wow Factor’, a teacher summary of what makes for the optimum learning experience.
Each programme is accompanied by a free downloadable workbook that summarises the learning points covered.
The programmes are suited to team discussion, reflective practice, independent and active learning, college planning and development days, area learning days, centre days and cross-college days and by advanced practitioners for one-to-one support.
Teaching Best Practice is available for purchase or license.
Full details and opportunity to download a sample workbook at www.teachingmatters.org.uk or contact Hugh Garai at Echelon on tel 0208 568 1500 email hugh@echelonL.com
Released March 2007 on behalf of Echelon Publishing by BLP&PR
Media contact: Peter Muir Tel + 44 (0)1296 715228
Sales contact: David Hill Tel + 44 (0)20 8568 1500
About Echelon Learning
Echelon Learning is a consultancy-led publishing house that integrates electronically-delivered knowledge and learning into the development of management skills and business performance.
Echelon Consulting spearheads the company’s service with the development of new content in meeting clients’ requirements. This is usually derived from analysing employee knowledge and learning needs captured during client learning programmes.
Where appropriate, Echelon Publishing then offers this new content to a wider audience by publishing the material in generic format. This is made available in the form of easy to use ‘learning nuggets’ and is complimented with business development information licensed exclusively from one of the market’s best-known providers, Bloomsbury.
Echelon e-Learning provides the electronic systems which enable content to be published, distributed and usage tracked, and offers work-based solutions to a global audience. Now
Echelon’s blended learning based on a bespoke site populated with material selected to support specific courses, builds knowledge prior to the event and refreshes application when back at the desk.
About Echelon Publishing
Echelon technologies help organisations place solutions at people’s fingertips, whether solving everyday business and work-related problems or helping gain qualifications and continued professional development.
• Has a content management system enabling informational or learning material to be developed or converted into XML so that it can be published and distributed in text and/or via the web.
• Has a learning management system to provide ready access via the web to highly structured information, which is easily searched and retrieved, and whose usage can be tracked and learning logged.
• Publishes and/or reformats content for professional bodies and commercial organisations to help students and employees maintain or develop requisite skills throughout their careers.
• Supports people from the outset of their careers in working with professional bodies to develop and deliver the learning content required by students in preparing for examination.
• Frees up the knowledge and learning contained within a business so that people have ready access to these resources in helping them to solve problems or develop their careers.