Park Ridge Marriott Unveils Northern New Jersey Banquet Hall & Wedding Location, 2007 Wedding Trends
March 28, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsPark Ridge, New Jersey (PRLeap) - March 28, 2007 - The Park Ridge Marriott Hotel announced the completion of a $3.5 million renovation of its Grand Ballroom, an 8,400-square-foot eye-catching venue that can accommodate up to 1,200 guests. This banquet hall will no doubt become one of the top choices for wweddings in the Northern New Jersey market.
According to Christine Ricca, Director of Sales & Marketing, the creation of this state-of-the-art venue - ideal for large parties such as wedding receptions and bar mitzvahs - incorporated new window treatments, carpeting, wall coverings, lighting, sound system, wired and wireless high-speed Internet access, and an outdoor garden terrace.
WEDDING TRENDS FOR THE NEW JERSEY MARKETPLACE
The Park Ridge Marriott hosts approximately 50 weddings per year and has undeniably become an expert in the weddings business. Ms. Ricca has noticed some significant trends in the weddings market:
* The average size of a wedding has decreased 25 to 30% over the past three years from approximately 200 guests to 150 to 175 people.
* The cost of a wedding reception has increased about 12.5%, with the per-person spend now about $135.
* "Less is more" when it comes to the menu. Emphasis is on the quality, not the quantity of food, with a focus on exquisite, up-market cuisine such as duck and risotto.
* "The Weekend Affair" is an emerging trend with the rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, and morning-after brunch taking place at the same venue.
* Saturday night continues to be the most popular time for weddings.
* Another growing trend is that of beauty services which will go to the bride. More and more brides are asking for recommendations on spa, hair, and nail services that come to the hotel and can therefore accommodate everyone in the bridal party rather than them having to go offsite.
"The food has become the entertainment," notes Ms. Ricca. "Couples want a refined simplicity when it comes to their menu, and they prefer simple white china so that the food is really the star on the table. We are also seeing a big increase in market food trends: clean flavors; real food, not processed; a smaller variety; ingredient-based, easy-to-eat cuisine."
WEDDINGS AT THE PARK RIDGE MARRIOTT
Extraordinary events call for extraordinary locations, and the Park Ridge Marriott in Northern New Jersey is just one of those places. The hotel's newly renovated 8,400 square foot Grand Ballroom can accommodate up to 1,200 guests and is also divisible for smaller affairs. Another prime attraction is the hotel's outdoor terrace space which is a perfect site for ceremonies, cocktail hours, etc.
Couples having their wedding at the Park Ridge Marriott work with the hotel's Wedding Consultant and Events Team to coordinate every detail of their dream affair. The hotel also offers a selection of complete new "Dream Wedding" packages which include a suite for the bride and groom and are priced from $145 per person.
Couples who are planning a wedding at the Park Ridge Marriott can also participate in Marriott's Honeymoon Gift Registry where they can register for their honeymoon and other gifts and services. Additionally, the couples receive their own wedding website courtesy of the hotel, and a special Groom's Honeymoon Guide which is a useful planner to help grooms organize the perfect honeymoon!
For more information on planning a wedding at the Park Ridge Marriott, click here.