4th Annual Porcupine Freedom Festival to showcase Free State Project successes in New Hampshire
April 17, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsGilford, NH - The Free State Project (FSP), an effort to get 20,000 liberty activists to migrate to the state of New Hampshire, will hold its fourth annual Porcupine Freedom Festival from June 18th through the 24th at Gunstock Mountain Resort in Gilford, NH, a short distance from Concord.
Commonly known as "PorcFest", the event will attract at least 400 liberty activists, including New Hampshire natives, FSP early movers, FSP participants, and others curious about what New Hampshire has to offer liberty-lovers.
Attendees will enjoy a week of camaraderie, discussing lifestyle and freedom issues with the like-minded in a uniquely positive and enthusiastic environment. A host
of informational and recreational activities will include:
* Bus tours around New Hampshire
* Vendor sessions with real estate agents, job recruiters, and pro-liberty activism organizers
* A panel discussion with FSP participants who have already made the move
* A town hall meeting for the general FSP community
* Interest group meetings, bonfires, pub nights, a BBQ and cookoff, team sports, and hikes
* Training seminars on such topics as time management, local-group organizing, recruiting, fundraising, public relations, web technology, State House lobbying, and protesting, civil disobedience, and petitioning
FSP participants are pledged to exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property. More than 7500 pro-liberty activists have signed the FSP’s statement of intent, more than 1000 have committed to relocate to New Hampshire by the end of 2008, and more than 200 have moved already.
The surprising eagerness can be explained by their frustration with the pace of libertarian reform efforts in larger states and at the national level, and by the many advantages that New Hampshire offers today, including:
* “Live Free or Die” motto
* No general income or sales tax
* Some of the least restrictive gun laws in the United States
* Positive climate for business, investment, technology, and entrepreneurship
* Small legislative districts, easy to canvass and win
* The only state constitution that expressly protects its citizens right to revolution
* Consistently ranked high, if not first, for livability, health, and low crime
FSP early movers have already made their presence felt, as they reinvigorate a native libertarian population in the pursuit of various reform efforts.
The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property. The success of the Project would likely entail reductions in taxation and regulation, reforms at all levels of government to expand individual rights and free markets, and a restoration of constitutional federalism, demonstrating the benefits of liberty to the rest of the nation and the world.
Free State Project, Inc.
PO Box 1684
Keene, NH 03431
For more information about PorcFest 2007 visit www.porcfest.com,
or contact Rich Goldman at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 215-480-0879
Varrin Swearingen, president of the Free State Project, moved to New Hampshire in 2004.
The Free State Project is not affiliated with any political party. More information can be found at www.FreeStateProject.org , or by contacting
Brian Gottstein, Media Relations Coordinator
Free State Project