Living with Lupus: Connecting Today and Tomorrow, a one-day symposium on lupus hosted by The Lupus Alliance of America LI/Q Affiliate will be held July 15 at Hofstra.
May 05, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Health NewsBellmore NY – On Sunday, July 15th, 2007 from 9:00am-4:00pm at Hofstra University, The Lupus Alliance of America LI/Q Affiliate will host their annual one-day lupus symposium, entitled; Living with Lupus: Connecting Today and Tomorrow. Pre-registration is requested through the Lupus Alliance and includes a light breakfast, workshop materials and all sessions and Keynote addresses.
With over 2 Million Americans suffering from lupus, everybody loves somebody with lupus. Whether your somebody is your friend, neighbor, mother, daughter, cousin or co-worker, this symposium can help both you and your loved one with lupus learn more about the disease, and how to manage it. The topics are wide ranging and have something for everyone.
The topics include:
• Alternative Therapies; learn about Tai-Chi and Yoga and how they can help you feel better. Demonstrations included.
• Clinical Trials; how they work, why they are important, and which ones are available now.
• The latest drugs in development for lupus; what new drugs are being researched, created and hopefully approved for lupus for the first time in over 40 years.
• Kids and Teens with lupus; an open forum discussion group where kids and teens with lupus can share their thoughts and feelings about living with lupus.
• Lupus in Spanish; a general discussion on lupus, symptoms and more.
• Lupus and Disability; retiring with lupus, and phasing from childhood disability to adult disability and your rights.
The keynote speakers are Dr. Robert Phillips, PhD renowned author and director of the Center for Coping in Hicksville, and Dr. Betty Diamond, MD the leading research doctor on Central Nervous System Lupus. Throughout the day tables will be available with information on clinical trails, disability, and information in Spanish.
To register please call 516-783-3370 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration fees are $10pp for members of the LAA/LIQ and $15pp for non-members. Children under 17 who are members of the Alliance are free.