Medicsight signs distribution agreement with Medicexchange
July 04, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Health NewsMedicsight has signed an agreement with Medicexchange to sell the Medicsight MedicRead Colon™ software through Medicexchange’s Chinese dealer network and exclusively online on medicexchange.com - the leading web portal for medical imaging software.
Medicsight MedicRead Colon™ is the world’s first CAD-based dedicated CTC workstation based on Medicsight’s proven ColonCAD™ technology. MedicRead Colon™ runs as a standalone application which can easily be integrated within an existing DICOM conformant infrastructure.
The agreement will allow Medicexchange to sell Medicsight’s MedicRead Colon™ through the Medicexchange China dealer network , which covers 80 per cent of Tier 1 and Tier 2 hospitals in China. Once SFDA approved, Medicexchange will also make MedicRead available in a downloadable format through the Medicexchange portal Medicexchange.com backed up with full clinical training and support.
Medicsight CEO David Sumner says: “MedicRead Colon™ has been designed to improve the accuracy and workflow of CT Colonography procedures. The agreement with Medicexchange allows Medicsight to make this technology available to clinicians in China with attractive and flexible pricing models.”
Medicexchange CEO Adam Boyse says: “This agreement gives Medicsight a complete solution for distributing in China backed up by the Medicexchange clinical resources in Beijing. MedicRead Colon™ is a tremendous product and we believe it will bring significant value to radiologists and other clinical users.”
The Medicexchange product directory also contains free trial downloads of many products to allow radiologists to ‘try before they buy’, complementing the free medical imaging news. To ensure radiologists are given the best service possible, all users of Medicexchange are provided with free customer support.
Notes for Editors
1. The size of the Chinese marketplace:
• There are over 60,000 radiologists in China.
• The multi-detector computed tomography (MDCT) install-base is approximately 3,000-strong, which makes China the fourth largest market in the world.
• There are more than 20,000 hospitals across China.
• It is estimated that over 1 million people suffer from colorectal cancer (CRC) and around 530,000 die annually. Early diagnosis is the key to avoiding these deaths.
2. Medicexchange provides a sales and information channel for diagnostic, treatment and surgery planning solutions for breast imaging, cardiac imaging, musculoskeletal imaging, abdominal-pelvic imaging, thoracic imaging and neuro imaging from a range of different companies.
Medicexchange has a dealer network in China for sales and distribution along with the global medicexchange.com website providing these solutions in a low-cost, on-demand and digitally-downloadable format for medical imaging professionals, providing access to information and products that are traditionally difficult to access.
3. Medicsight PLC is a leading developer of computer-aided detection (CAD) technologies and image analysis software. Medicsight PLC’s software solutions help clinicians identify measure and analyse suspicious pathology such as colorectal polyps and lung lesions on CT scans. The patent protected CAD technology developed by Medicsight PLC is validated against one of the world’s largest and most population diverse databases of verified CT scan data.
The company’s products include ColonCAD™ and ColonCAR™, and LungCAD™ and LungCAR™. These products seamlessly integrate with the advanced 3D visualisation platforms of industry leading partners. Medicsight is committed to the ongoing development of innovative global solutions for improving clinician workflow to support the detection, interpretation and diagnosis of disease at the earliest possible stage. Headquartered in London, Medicsight PLC employs more than 50 people and also has offices in the United States and Japan.
Medicsight PLC is listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange (“AIM”) with the market epic code of MDST. Medicsight PLC product and company information can be found on www.medicsight.com.
Medicexchange PLC and Medicsight PLC are subsidiary companies of MGT Capital Investments, Inc. Product and company information can be found on www.mgtci.com. Stock symbol: MGT.