Valorisation conference dedicated to accessible mainstream vocational training and employment for people with disabilities, Brussels, 18 September 2007
August 12, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Education NewsPhoenixKM organises the “Valorisation conference dedicated to accessible mainstream vocational training and employment for people with disabilities” for Marie Curie Association (www.marie-curie-bg.org).
The conference will present outcomes from different projects that address following policies:
- Use education and vocational training as instruments to improve employability;
- Raise awareness among employers and placement services about the realities that people with disabilities face in the labour market;
- Encourage adaptation of the work environment;
- Take advantage of new sources of employment;
- Promote the shift to mainstream employment;
- Improve the quality and competitiveness of sheltered employment;
- Engage social agents in raising employment levels of people with disabilities;
- Seek the advice at all stages of people with disabilities themselves.
The conference will take place on 18 of September, 2007 at POLIS, Rue du Trône 98, in Brussels (easily reachable via the metro – station "Troon / Trône") from 9.00 till 14.00. It is organised with the financial support of the Leonardo da Vinci programme of the EC.
After the conference a free lunch will be offered to all attendees.
The agenda and the registration form can be found via the following link: http://www.phoenixkm.eu/registration.php. As places are limited, please register before 4 September 2007.