IQbase Image Database Version 2.5 Lets Users Manage and Share Large Numbers of Images and Data
September 16, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsMedia Cybernetics announces the release of IQbase 2.5 scientific image database. This image management software enables organizations to effectively store, query, and share large numbers of images and related data. Users can collaborate within their organization and with outside partners by sharing image data through their network or via the Internet.
With IQbase, users can perform powerful image searches based on keywords or using more detailed context sensitive search parameters. Images and data can be easily shared with others through the use of automatic PDF report templates, one-step export to PowerPoint tools, and web-based image searching and downloading. IQbase allows users to further explore their images with qualitative visualization tools like image overlays and annotations, as well as with quantitative graphs and charts for interactive data analysis.
New features in IQbase Version 2.5 include:
- Ability to archive image header data and view thumbnail previews for JPEG 2000, Zeiss LSM, Leica LEI, Image-Pro SEQ, Metamorph SDK file formats (TIFF, JPEG, BMP and other standard file formats continue to be supported).
- Support for IPTC and EXIF header data.
- Archive images via the Internet using online upload capabilities.
- Easily perform quick keyword searches or more advanced queries via the desktop application and the web.
- View very large image files in the desktop application or via the web.
- Active Directory Group Support.
- Customizable data views allow you to control which attribute data is displayed with your images.
A complimentary 30-day trial version of IQbase 2.5 is available to download via the Media Cybernetics website.
About Media Cybernetics
Founded in 1981, Media Cybernetics develops image informatics solutions to automate research, development, and quality control processes in life science and industry. The company’s products simplify and enhance image-based data collection and analysis to increase the accuracy and productivity of its customers. Image-Pro Plus is the image analysis software used daily by thousands of researchers and engineers in medicine, science, and industry.