Sharpics Introduces Complete Tabletop Studios for Easy-to-Use Professional Product Photography
October 05, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsSAN DIEGO — October 05, 2007 – Sharpics, Inc., a leading source for product photography, today introduces its Complete Tabletop Studios as the ideal solution for achieving professional product images. Designed for do-it-yourself product photographers, Sharpics products are ideal for online auction sites, e-commerce websites, insurance claims, appraisals, home and office inventories, estate planning and more.
The key elements for creating great product photos include an easy to set-up background, daylight-balanced lighting, and stabilizing the camera. The Complete Tabletop Studios feature the D-Flector Portable Photo Studio, a Compact Light Kit and the Tabletop Monopod – all the necessary components to achieve great results in a compact size for home or office use.
The D-Flector is a patent-pending portable photo studio that resembles a brief case that quickly unfolds into a tabletop background stand to support the product photography needs of everyone from professional to novice photographers. Available in two sizes: 20”Wx32” and 30”Wx40”, the D-Flector contains three seamless backgrounds in reflective silver, matte white and black.
Until now, professional grade lighting has typically taken up a great deal of floor space. The Compact Light Kit sits on the table making it easy to position lighting for small to medium sized products. Floor standing lighting lacks agility for tabletop photography applications. The bulbs include two 30-watt compact fluorescent bulbs. The bulbs are “daylight-balanced” at 5000 Kelvin and 2000 lumens for maximum output. Daylight color lighting provides a better contrast for products you photograph. The two 30-watt bulbs illuminate light equivalent to a 240 watt household incandescent bulbs. Not only do they offer a bright output, they are both cool and energy efficient.
The tabletop monopod provides a stable platform for the camera to eliminate blurry. Unlike a tripod, it provides room to work without taking up floor space. Its compact and sturdy design clamps directly onto a table with many adjustable features found on most tripods without the legs. As an added benefit, it can also be used as a copy stand for overhead shots. The monopod is perfect for getting the sharpest picture possible.
“We put together all the necessary components to create professional looking product photos in one Complete Tabletop Studio”, said Danica Mazon, co-founder of Sharpics. “Whether you’re a pro or novice photographer, you can benefit from its compact design”, said Danica.
Key Features and Benefits of the Complete Tabletop Studio:
CTS-200 with 20” D-Flector SRP $239.95, CTS-300 with 30” D-Flector SRP $289.95.
• Available in two sizes: 20”Wx32” and 30”Wx40”
• Black leatherette briefcase design with magnetic flap and chrome-plated swivel handle
• Briefcase can unfold flat or as a seamless background sweep with an integrated easel stand
• Includes three seamless backgrounds including reflective silver, matte white and black
• Backgrounds are secured with top and bottom clips, as well as corner pockets
• Unlike paper or cloth, vinyl backgrounds are durable and easy to clean
• Compact for easy storage and portability.
Compact Light Kit
• Two compact light stands
• Two 30-watt fluorescent bulbs, Color Temp. 5000K
• 2-section column with flip grip adjusts from 12” to 18”
• Two 9” reflectors with adjustable ball bracket
• On/off switch and 7-ft cord
• Each light fixture is rated 120V, 250 watts maximum.
• 2.5” clamp with molded knob
• Main knob is geared for easy tilting and easy control
• Tilt from horizontal to 115-degree angle
• 2-section aluminum columns extend to a maximum 16 inches high or get close for macro photography.
• Universal ballhead attaches to your camera like a tripod.
• Supports cameras up to 2-3 pounds.
The Complete Tabletop Studio is ideal for photographing a variety of products including small electronics, collectibles, packages goods, computer accessories, food, books, clothing accessories, musical instruments and more. Besides online applications, the studio is great for designing print catalogs, marketing and promotional materials, and art projects.
Based in San Diego, Calif., Sharpics, Inc. is a privately owned company and is responsible for all facets of its product development – from conception to completion. Sharpics’ products are available for purchase at a variety of specialty retailers throughout the United States or online. To locate a retailer or to purchase online, please visit www.sharpics.com for more information.