Green-Tech Practice at Airfoil Public Relations Gains Momentum with New Clients and Successful Programs for Existing Clients
July 07, 2009 (PRLEAP.COM) Media NewsDETROIT – July 7, 2009 – As companies and consumers consider the impact of their actions on the environment and the Earth's natural resources, and as energy prices continue to fluctuate, the importance of green practices and innovations is drawing increased attention. Airfoil Public Relations (http://www.airfoilpr.com) is working with category leaders in energy-related segments such as batteries, alternative energy, automotive and others, and continues to expand its green-tech practice, applying proven expertise in driving results for companies developing alternative energy and other green-related products and services. In addition to developing and executing ongoing successful programs for existing clients, Airfoil's green-tech practice continues to gain momentum with the addition of two new clients.
Airfoil recently added CarBuddy (http://www.carbuddy.com) and Classic Computer Recovery, Inc. (http://www.classiccomputerrecovery.com) to its green-tech practice.
Based in Ann Arbor, Mich., CarBuddy is a new and unique private enterprise solution to carpooling that employs advanced Web-based technology to connect drivers and passengers with each other within a designated geographical region. Airfoil is currently supporting CarBuddy's launch through media relations, advertising and university and business-to-business relationship building throughout metro Detroit.
For Garden City, Mich.-based Classic Computer Recovery, Inc. (CCR), one of the leading asset recovery and electronics recycling companies in the Midwest, Airfoil has helped promote the company's founder and CEO, Linda McFarland, as an e-waste thought leader and raise awareness about CCR's zero waste solution for end-of-life electronic equipment through reuse and recycling for businesses and consumers.
Airfoil, which specializes in marketing communications and public relations for both leading and emerging companies, offers extensive expertise in green technology, having developed communications strategies for such brands as NextEnergy, TerraPass, ecostore USA, ilumisys, Imara, an E85 Viper project and other innovators. Airfoil's green-tech practice is led by Vice President Rich Donley, APR, a veteran public relations professional with more than 20 years of expertise in PR and marketing strategies for companies in the alternative energy, technology and industrial/manufacturing industries.
"Green technology relates to some of the most important issues of our day-the future of fuel economy standards, lightweight and eco-friendly products, and efforts to conserve our natural resources," Donley said. "From helping companies evaluate their position in the green market, to promoting their sustainable initiatives and marketing their offerings, Airfoil is acknowledged for its success in providing strategic counsel and delivering measurable results for a variety of business sectors pursuing green possibilities in this competitive environment."
For companies looking for insights on an integrated approach to marketing and public relations opportunities without immediately committing to a full-blown PR campaign, Airfoil is offering its Marketing Acceleration Program (MAP), a product specifically tailored to each prospective client's needs. The MAP provides research/audits with an executive summary, suggested campaign approaches, execution elements and messaging – all the components needed to build a company's initial communications infrastructure. It also includes insights on how Airfoil can serve potential clients as a PR, marketing and branding partner once they are ready to engage in a full program.
In addition to its new work with emerging companies, Airfoil continues to elevate the brands and green initiatives of existing clients, including new, national and globally recognized organizations. Among its projects for a broad range of clients, Airfoil is:
• Formally launching Imara Corp. (http://www.imara.com) – a lithium-ion battery company – out of stealth mode, having generated more than 5 million media impressions by securing a number of placements in high-profile national media outlets.
• Executing a media relations campaign for the global launch of tier-one auto supplier Faurecia's (http://www.faurecia.com and http://www.faurecia10.com) innovative Light Attitude concept that demonstrates the supplier's expertise in vehicle weight savings for seating, interiors, front ends and exhaust systems.
• Working with ilumisys (http://www.ilumisys.com) – developer and producer of LED lighting technology – to develop and implement a successful thought-leadership campaign through media relations strategies targeting coverage in environmental publications.
• Developed extensive digital-media campaign for ecostore USA (http://www.ecostoreusa.com/). Founded in New Zealand more than 15 years ago, the company produces plant-based, eco-friendly, home, personal and pet care products for consumers internationally. The program is driving awareness of the brand in the U.S. and encouraging product trials.
Additionally, Airfoil's green-tech practice works in partnership with EcoTuesday (http://www.ecotuesday.com) – a leading green grassroots organization dedicated to serving and inspiring business leaders – to promote the organization's efforts to inspire area business leaders to expand Detroit's green portfolio.
For more information on the Airfoil Public Relations green-tech practice, and to keep up on the company's latest news and initiatives, visit http://www.airfoilpr.com, or connect with the company at:
• Airfoil's Clear The Air blog: http://airfoilpr.typepad.com/airfoilpr/
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Southfield-MI/Airfoil-Public-Relations/5748229276
• LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/companies/airfoil-public-relations
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/airfoilpr
About Airfoil Public Relations, Inc. (http://www.airfoilpr.com)
Airfoil, with offices in Detroit and Mountain View, Calif., is an independent firm specializing in marketing communications and public relations for both emerging and established brands. Airfoil Industry Leadership Groups serve a growing client roster in consumer, enterprise, health care, industrial, green and Microsoft technology segments. The agency's Client Solutions Group provides depth of experience to inform and accelerate clients' marketing communications, digital and social media, and brand strategy programs. Airfoil has been named 2008 Technology Agency of the Year by the Holmes Report and recognized as a top firm in numerous industry rankings. For more information about Airfoil Public Relations, please call 866.AIR.FOIL.
Katie Trautmann, Airfoil Public Relations